Thursday, September 4, 2008

my RL and VL collide

This post is dedicated to Vicki, a Dumaguetena who now resides in Germany, whom I met virtually through this weblog!

Several weeks back I mentioned in a post that once upon a time, during high school, I used to have a German penpal, primarily because my friends and I were collecting stamps from exotic countries. Vicki, quick to indulge my affinity for stamps, sent me an "experimental" postcard. Experimental because my real name is not published here and I asked her to just address the postcard to "Dr. A. Nesstajah, c/o Manong Cardo, Operating Room, Silliman Medical Center, Dumaguete City." The name, of course, is derived from my specialty which is anesthesia. Manong Cardo is our male aide at the OR whom I wrote about as my hero at work. Would the Dumaguete Post Office and the hospital receptionist deliver?

Well!! Here's the evidence!

Manong Cardo and the postcard from Germany



Vicki's postcard with classmates Dr. Bong and me, fully scrubbed and gowned this time

After surgery, the surgeons usually buy lunch or dinner for the entire OR staff. Yehey! "Mangaon ta," says Nong Cardo.


To celebrate the meeting of my Real Life and my Virtual Life, coffee and the New York Blueberry Cheesecake at Don Atilano. Ahh!



Vielen Dank, Vicki!


.

3 comments:

the philippine daily idiot said...

i'm following your story, doc.:-)

Vk-mahalkaayo said...

dr. ness,

sus gadagan ko diri uy, napandol pa ko...lol

kay ingon ka duna kay surprise sa akoa....
sus pag-open nako........

thanks Nong Cardo, nadawat nimo-nyo...
bitaw, ingon ko dawat gyd to ako PC, kay SU-Operating Room....basta SU sure na....

Galing, last time ask ko nimo, siguro na basura to,....lol

mao nga PC-Frankfurt, wla sa nako send.....lol

sigi, send nako, para collect nmo ang stamp, n pc pod....lol

Wow happy ko, nadawat nyo....sure proud pa ko uy, kay nalibot nyo ug pakita....hehehe

namoot gyd ko dr. uy.....

sigi, guten appetit, lamia sa inyo gikaon uy....

Bitte sehr, dr. ness.........


sigi, off nako, duna street fiesta diri sa amoa town, opening ron, manan-aw mi sa mga paboto-firecrackers, worth gyd bisan gabii na mauli, kay nindot lantawon gyd.....

Vielen Dank, bis dann-------

MerryCherry said...

Galing doc ah. I used to collect stamps too. I stopped when I entered med school. Med school has a way of putting a halt to life no?

Anyway, back to your post, galing. Virtual meets real :)