Wednesday, January 21, 2009

still o.o.t.

Just came from the most fun medical convention I've ever been to! It was a gathering of medical faculty from all over the country and the workshop was ably facilitated by Dr. Joey Lapena, Jr. of the UP College of Medicine. The topic was most interesting, "Mentoring the Mentor" and I wanted to write about it, as well as my adventures yesterday, but am so pressed for time. Everything seems to be rushed here in Manila.

There are so many stories I want to write but for now only this most important one: I was able to watch history unfold at midnight yesterday as the 44th President of the United States took his oath of office. No wonder the first months of the presidency is called the honeymoon period as the oath taking was like the exchanging of wedding vows, this time between Barack and the American people. And the lavish inauguration balls were like an extravagant wedding reception. Even as I am happy for the citizens of America at this momentous event in their history as a nation, I cannot help but feel so very sad for my country. And I will end now before I cry here in this internet cafe.




No comments: