From the Office of the SU President and the Crisis Prevention and Response Team (CPRT)
Influenza A (H1N1) Containment, Mitigation and Response Measures
Following the DOH advisory for schools, Silliman University is implementing the following measures for all students, faculty and staff in the University community:
1. Individuals arriving in the Philippines from other countries are required to undertake self-quarantine and defer going to school for ten (10) days from the date of arrival,and those who arrived recently, depending on their date of arrival, are required to defer going to school for the remaining number of days to complete the ten (10) day observation period.
2. International students and students who have traveled abroad are required to submit a health certificate from the Silliman University Medical Center before going to school for enrolment. They are also required to bring their passport upon enrolment.
3. Individuals who have been in close contact (i.e. cared for, lived with, or had direct contact with respiratory secretions or body fluids) with someone with a probable or confirmed case of Influenza A (H1N1) are required to defer going to school for ten (10) days after separation from the contact with the case.
4. Individuals with influenza-like illness, like fever with either cough or sore throat and other respiratory tract symptoms, are advised to seek medical attention and stay home for seven (7) days after the onset of illness or at least twenty-four (24) hours after symptoms have resolved.
5. Individuals at high risk to develop complications from influenze (for example, people taking steroids for chronic ailments such as asthma, very young children, people whose immune system is compromised by other illness like uncontrolled diabetes and cancer) are advised to take more stringent precautions to safeguard their health.
6. All students and personnel are encouraged to accomplish the "Self-Health Checklist" and submit the same at the neares University office or at the "Influenza A(H1N1) Assistance Center" located near the front of Hibbard Hall and the Scheide Chapel along Langheim Road.