Monday, December 10, 2007

I can so barely walk...

for having played badminton with the kids.


As there was a brownout in most of Dumaguete yesterday morning, we couldn't tinker with our electronic toys so the kids and I, with their friends (ages 13-22), trooped to The Court in HyperMart just down the street where we live. Incidentally, there was a big crowd, make that a huge crowd, outside HyperMart because it was audition day for Pinoy Big Brother and Pinoy Dream Academy, popular shows in Philippine television today.


Back to our game:


Carlo (13) : Ma, hinay kaayo ka mo serve! (Ma, your serve is too weak!)


Me: ::makes a face:: (silently: So what? Doesn't it count that I cheer the loudest?!)


Mike (22): Good game, good game!


Me: Yey! (in my mind: Fabulous aerobic exercise and now I can rest!)


Lalaine (Mike's girlfriend): Change court!


Me: What?! Again?! Kah Kah Kah.


And so we played for more than an hour afterwhich I had to leave (thankfully) when my MultiMedia ka-berks called me away as we had to set up/edit/do final artwork/rehearse for a seamless flow in church at five pm.


I think we all had a great fun time playing badminton. But maybe next time, I'll go with my age group. I'm sure some of them will have asthma or arthritis or something...




.

No comments: